Share Your Experience
What is Empath Hospice’s Family Advisory Council?
Empath Hospice’s Family Advisory Council (FAC) is a diverse group of community members who have previously experienced Empath Hospice services and now volunteer as advisors on how we can enhance the patient and family care experience.
Why should I join the FAC?
You can help us improve our services and make a positive difference in the lives of hospice patients and their families through your experiences and sharing your unique perspective.
Who is eligible to serve on the FAC?
To become a member, you must:
- Be a former Empath Hospice patient family member and/or caregiver (within the last five years)
- Be able to commit to bi-monthly meetings and serve consistently
- Share Empath Health’s commitment to excellence, diversity and promotion of Full Life Care
- Have a positive approach and the ability to share and see different points of view
How can I join the FAC?
You must complete an application and go through an interview. Space is limited so it is possible that not all applicants will be able to serve on the Council. All applications will be kept on file as future openings occur. Please call our Quality Representative Samantha Hafner at (727) 523-2137 or email Quality&ServiceExcellence@EmpathHealth.org if you have questions about the FAC or the application process.
Application Process Requirements/Steps:
- FAC/Volunteer Services Application
- Completion of a HIPAA and Confidentiality Acknowledgment
- Orientation to the Council
Empath Hospice Family Advisory Council (FAC) Membership Application
Thank you for your interest in the Empath Hospice Family Advisory Council. Membership requires your successful completion of the application below with Empath Hospice, a member of Empath Health. All information will be treated as confidential. *Represents a required response.